Today marks an important milestone with the release of Office 365 sign-in for Yammer, a feature allowing users to access Yammer with their Office 365 credentials and to work across Office 365 applications with ease.
How it works
As users sign in to Yammer, they will be redirected to your organization’s Office 365 log in page. After entering their email address and password, they’ll notice the Office 365 suite navigation bar (pictured below) at the top of their Yammer network. With a single click, users can quickly toggle between Yammer, Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint and more to get work done.
This feature gives users one less password to manage and a seamless online entry point to all Office 365 apps.
Office 365 suite navigation bar and Yammer integration
Who gets it?
Office 365 sign-in for Yammer will follow a phased release schedule between December 2014 and March 2015, shipping to Office 365 customers with the following criteria:
- Yammer Enterprise is activated in a network’s Office 365 Admin Center; and
- Yammer single sign-on (SSO) is not enabled.
It is highly recommended that all organizations also select Yammer as your default social network. This will ensure that users can easily access Yammer through their Office 365 suite navigation bar. For more information about the Office 365 sign-in for Yammer feature please view the admin documentation.
Office 365 sign-in for Yammer is just the latest step to help bring the power of enterprise social to the tools you use everyday. Stay tuned to the Office 365 for Business Roadmap and Office 365 Technical Network to keep track of these innovations— it’s never been easier for your team to work like a network!
Join our YamJam to answer your questions
On Monday, November 17th, the Office 365 Technical Network will host a YamJam from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. PDT to discuss the Office 365 sign-in for Yammer feature. This provides the opportunity for the community to ask questions and have a discussion with a panel of Microsoft experts on a particular topic.
Here’s how to participate:
- Request access to the Office 365 Technical Network. All requests will be approved as quickly as possible.
- Join the “Enterprise Social and Yammer” group. You can find it by using the Browse Groups function, or through the search bar.
- Log in at 9:00 a.m. PDT on Monday, November 17th to ask questions, follow the discussions and connect with Microsoft team members.