Last month, Microsoft has released Power BI for Office 365, our cloud-based business intelligence service that gives people a powerful new way to work with data in the tools they use every day – Excel and Office 365. We continue to add capabilities to Power BI and today at the SharePoint Conference we’re announcing the public preview of Power BI connectivity to SAP BusinessObjects BI, a joint business intelligence interoperability solution delivered with SAP in Microsoft Excel, Power BI, and SAP BusinessObjects BI. With this new solution, users can now seamlessly connect to SAP BusinessObjects BI Universes as another supported data source in Power Query for Excel, enabling them to access and analyze data across the enterprise and share their data and insights in the cloud and any device through Power BI. You can learn more during our SharePoint Conference session today at 3:45 PM-5:00 PM in the Palazzo Ballroom K, L.
Customers that have invested in both companies’ BI stacks can now extend their trusted enterprise data into familiar business tools for self-service business intelligence. Some of the capabilities enabled by the connectivity are:
- Seamless access to trusted enterprise data – connect to the latest, accurate, and trusted data from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe including SAP BW and SAP Business Suite.
- Business friendly semantics in familiar business tools – easily work with data by navigating dimensions and measures from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe directly in Excel.
- Combining data from within and outside your organization – discover and combine SAP data with public, corporate and big data sources such as Windows Azure HDInsight.
- No hassle data refresh on-premises and in the cloud – refresh your data without a manual process on-premises, even soon connecting back to on-premises data sources from the cloud with Power BI to stay up to date.
- Deep interactive analysis and visualization – explore and present your data from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe visually through charts, graphs, and a 3D map experience.
- Sharing and collaborating on newfound data and insights – unlock data and insights from an SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe by sharing them across your organization with Power BI.
Try it today by visiting www.powerbi.com and downloading the Power Query Preview add-in with SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe connectivity! You can also sign-up for a free trial of Power BI for Office 365. As part of the Power BI trial you’ll also receive a free 30 day trial of Office 365 ProPlus giving you access to the latest version of Excel.